We understand that your privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. This notice sets out what we do with your personal information, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, as well as your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies if you interact with us through our online store, over the phone, or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media (our “Services”).
What Sorts Of Personal Information Do We Hold?
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
- Information about the services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and services, and so on);
- Your account login details for our services, including your user name and chosen password;
- Information about whether or not you want to receive marketing communications from us.
Our Legal Basis For Processing Your Personal Information
Whenever we process your personal information we have to have something called a “legal basis” for what we do. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- Consent: You have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose;
- Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where our interests are overridden by your interests or rights.
- Performance of a contract: We must process your personal information in order to be able to provide you with one of our products or services;
- Prevention of fraud: Where we are required to process your data in order to protect us and our customers from fraud or money laundering;
- Vital interests: The processing of your personal information is necessary to protect you or someone else’s life;
- Public information: Where we process personal information which you have already made public;
- Legal claims: The processing of your personal information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity; and
- Legal obligation: We are required to process your personal information by law.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
There are a number of ways in which we use your personal information, depending on how you interact with us. If you do not provide your information to us, then we will be unable to interact with you in that way – for example, if you do not provide your name, address and account details when purchasing one of our products online, we will not be able to sell you that product as we would be unable to process your payment or deliver the product to you.
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide our products and services - we need to use your personal information to make our products and services available to you. If you then decide to order any of our products or services then we’re delighted, thank you. After that, we need to provide them to you, process your payment and deliver the goods. And we need to use your details to do all this.
- To personalise your shopping experience - we try to understand our customers so we can provide you with a great shopping experience, relevant marketing, personalised offers, shopping ideas and online advertising.
- Analytics and profiling - we use your personal information for statistical analysis and to help us understand more about our customers. That includes understanding the products and services you buy, the manner in which you consume them, and by creating profiles about you. This helps us to serve you better and to find ways to improve our website. These profiles help us to send you offers that are more relevant to you.
- Contacting you - we use your personal information to contact you: either to conduct market research or to contact you about products and services from us and other companies. We may also contact you in relation to any questions you have raised with us or to discuss the status of your account with us.
Keeping You Informed About Our Products And Services
We would like to tell you about the great offers, ideas, products and services of mobiles247 from time to time that we think you might be interested in. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this through the post, by email, text message or by any other electronic means.
We won't send you marketing messages if you tell us not to. Please note that it can take up a little while for all marketing to stop once you either withdraw your consent or tell us you’d like to opt out of marketing. This is because some marketing may already be in transit.
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you
- the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to restrict our use of your personal information;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right of data portability; and
- the right to object to our use of your personal information.
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time.
If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that we will need to verify your identity before we can fulfil any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect the personal information belonging to our customer against fraudulent requests.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties.